Maybe the best thing that came out of this Easter…..
We do hope you awesome Eatleaners enjoyed your Easter weekend and received lots of eggs! If you have any left, why not try making something similar to this epic cheesecake creation – Creme & Mini egg Cheesecake!
Courtesy of our awesome ambassador Tommy, this Easter egg was made using Eatlean spreadable to reduce the fat and calorie content. Not to mention increasing the protein! Protein with a cheesecake? Surely not!
Our Spreadable contains just 6% fat and has won many awards at the International Cheese Awards in recent years.
🏆 Awarded ‘HIGHLY COMMENDED STATUS’ for ‘Best Dairy Product’ at the 2019 FMT Food Industry Awards
🏆 GOLD WINNER at 2019 International Cheese Awards for “Cheese with Health Benefits (non-hard)”
🏆 GOLD WINNER at 2018 International Cheese Awards for “Spreadable Cheese”
So, if you fancy giving it a try, then here is the much anticipated recipe. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on Instagram!!
- 150g light digestive biscuits
- 50g moose maple butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 120ml light whipping cream
- 150g dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder mixed with a little hot water
- 200g @eatlean spreadable cheese
- Crush the digestive biscuits and mix with the melted butter, the press into a 7″ cake tin and refrigerate.
- Whip the cream until at a soft peak stage. Add cooled melted chocolate, then the cocoa powder mix. Blend well and set aside.
- Beat the Eatlean spreadable cream cheese and sugar together. Fold in the cream/chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spread into the tin on top of the crushed biscuits. Freeze for one hour.
- Take out of the freezer and let it defrost for about an hour in the fridge.
- Melt 100g of white chocolate and once cooled, add 50ml light cream & a tbsp of yellow food colouring, mixing well.
- Spread over the cheesecake and add all your favourite (or left over) Easter goodies – Here Tommy went for Creme eggs and mini eggs!
Your ‘New Year’ starts now! Make a simple smart swap today and begin your journey to a healthier nutritional lifestyle. Small steps….it’s a marathon not a sprint!
Recipe Creator: Eatlean Ambassador Tom Charlesworth – You can find Tom’s other awesome recipes on his Instagram page @Tommy_c_88_